Tuesday, November 19, 2019

9 Things You Didn't Know About Chloë Sevigny



1. Chloë Sevigny is a descendant of French aristocrat Marquise de Sévigné.

2. While Chloë Sevigny was in high school, she babysat actor Topher Grace.

3. Before acting Chloë Sevigny was an intern at Sassy magazine in 1992.




5. In April 2015, she released Chloë Sevigny, a photo book celebrating her life and style.


https://media0.giphy.com/media/894bLVmxd0t7G/source.gif      

6. Before “Boys Don’t Cry,” Drew Barrymore wanted to play Brandon Teena, and she asked Harmony Korine to direct it. 
There were some weird initial meetings around that, which obviously didn’t go very far. Drew sent in these kind of Herb Ritts photos of herself done up as a boy. She looked really attractive, but it wasn’t gonna work. And then I actually went and auditioned for the [Brandon Teena] part. Kimberly Peirce said, ‘You’ve never wanted to be a boy, have you?’ And I said, ‘No,’ and she was like, ‘Why don’t you come back in and try out for the other part?’ So I did, and I got it.”
 

7. The reaction to that infamous blow job scene in Vincent Gallo’s “The Brown Bunny” still haunts her. “I thought it would just kind of play to an art house audience, I don’t know why I thought it would just go under the radar. Vincent’s a real character. I love ‘Buffalo 66.’ I put my faith in him, believed in him. He’s also very seductive, as you can imagine… I think it was a way of kind of reclaiming myself, which sounds odd, but after the celebrity and stuff, being like: ‘No, that’s not who I am, I’m this other thing, and this is what I stand for.’ Or wanting to push the envelope. Like John [Waters], who’s here.” Sevigny gestured to Waters, who called out from the audience: “I loved the ‘The Brown Bunny’! The insects on the windshield…”
https://66.media.tumblr.com/5b09a7a63c4e7bad3811b17325b8af7b/tumblr_nmepj5YDLO1u08gzyo3_r1_400.gif
 https://66.media.tumblr.com/537821669234873a12a0e41bd78bd38f/tumblr_mkt468fFC21rzt0e7o2_400.gif

8. “The Brown Bunny” didn’t hurt her career, but it did hurt some relationships. “I got my first studio film after that. I’d never been offered a studio film. It was ‘Zodiac.’ I don’t think it really hurt me, necessarily. I mean, it hurt me, in a lot of ways… Some relationships have had trouble with it. Of course, my mom and I don’t talk about it.”



  8. When Chloë Sevigny was 17, she shaved her head and sold her hair to a Broadway wigmaker.


9. If you haven't guessed, Chloë Sevigny is very comfortable with her body and nudity. She has never seen what the big deal was with others and nudity. Which Chloe feels more need to express themselves as she has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive